This past June my family and I were invited to the new Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark in Grand Prairie, Texas. Designed to be a destination spot that reaches far beyond Texas, Epic Waters boasts an array of attractions including a 45-game arcade, food, a retractable roof and more. To say my family of 4 enjoyed ourselves is an understatement. My husband did not want to leave and had just as much fun as my 2 little girls.
With their grand opening January 2018, Epic Waters is not only suitable for patrons of all ages, but there is a water activity to accommodate swimmers of all levels. From the Rio Grand 600-foot lazy river to the FlowRider® surfing simulator to the daring Prairie Plunge, an enclosed body slide that hides an open 50’ drop, to Rascal’s Round Up, the toddler area, to the Swimming Hole, there is something for EVERYONE. It is no surprise that Epic Waters has already attracted over 200,000 visitors in a matter of months.
There were so many reasons we loved Epic Waters. Below are just a few.
1. It’s indoors! Epic Waters is open year-round so no matter the weather outside you can enjoy all of the amazing water activities inside. The retractable roof allowed for a nice cool breeze that wasn’t too hot or too cold. We all know Texas can get pretty hot so what better way to keep cool than an indoor waterpark.
2. As I mentioned, there was an activity for everyone, even people like me who usually steer away from all things water. I had a wonderful time in the Rio Grand lazy river, as did my husband and 2 girls. Let’s just say there were a couple of tantrums when we tried to move to another activity. I am not sure how many times I went around the soothing river, but it was incredibly relaxing. All I needed was a good book.
My dare devil husband enjoyed the TexasTwist which is not for the faint of heart. My children and I had a great time at the Rascal’s Round-Up – toddler area. The water was shallow so I felt safe having my 3 year old there, plus there are lifeguards everywhere. There were even small tubes and water slides we all could enjoy. The giant tipping bucket was a treat to watch. There was a sense of excitement as we listened to the bell ring right before the bucket poured out a giant splash of water.
3. The cabana was a nice bonus. We enjoyed the privacy and exclusivity of having a private cabana. The cabana came with our own food server and a place to put our things while we had fun in the waterpark. The food service was great and the food was good. My kids loved the Dippin’ Dots ice cream.
Although we enjoyed having a private cabana, I recommend them for slightly larger groups or even birthday parties. It is very possible to enjoy the park without a private space.
More to come:
As a part of the Grand Prairie, Texas Parks, Arts and Recreation, Epic Waters will expand to include a complete entertainment complex to open Fall 2018. There’s also an outdoor wave pool coming soon so follow them on social media, @EpicWatersGP, for updates. In the meantime, get your tickets today at https://epicwatersgp.com. You won’t regret it.
Below are a few ways to save on ticket prices.
– This summer, the waterpark is running a Twilight Swim special for $14 – It’s available Monday-Thursday from 5 p.m. to close. They also have a Carload Special on Wednesdays before 5 p.m., where six people can gain admission for only $120. Visit the waterpark’s website or social media to learn more.
– Annual Pass Perks: Annual pass holders receive weekend Early Bird admission at 9 a.m. and invitations to exclusive after-hours events, as well as discounts on food and retail shop purchases.
– Available for birthday parties, church youth group events, overnight events, corporate events, etc.
Disclaimer: We were gifted a family pack that included admission, food, game cards and the use of a private cabana. All opinions expressed are mine.