One of the hardest challenges of parenting is getting your kids to eat a healthy diet. They would much rather have cookies and ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner rather than fruits and vegetables. Since children are so fond of desserts, CEOMOM decided to spend the rest of 2016 bringing you sweet treats that are healthy and kid-friendly. From cookie pies to homemade Klondike bars, we’ll be sharing recipes that your kids will love to make and eat. Here is one of our favorite, Vegan parfait. There’s no dairy and no processed sugar. For more healthier versions of your favorite desserts, get your copy of the premier issue of CEOMOM magazine.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp of nondairy milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- strawberries slices
- Soak your cashews overnight or boil them for 7 min. Drain and rinse.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla,, salt and cashews to a blender.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes or until completely smooth. Add more milk if needed.
- Layer your parfait with cream on the bottom, then granola and strawberries.
- Continue until your glass is full with cream on the top.