Nothing reminds you of grandma’s house more than the smell of banana bread baking in the oven. It’s a smell that permeates the entire house, just minutes into baking. Although this recipe may not be as great as grandma’s, it is delicious and is one of our favorites. What makes it so special besides the gooey texture and sweet banana flavor is that it is made without eggs. We promise, you won’t miss a thing. The flavors and texture are just as good. If you make it, let us know what you think in the comments.
Eggless Banana Bread
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter (Vegan butter works well with this recipe.)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3 Medium Bananas (Mashed)
- 1/4 cup Almond Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- First mix the almond coconut milk with the apple cider vinegar. Let sit.
- Mash your bananas, and set them aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Cream together the margarine and sugars in another bowl.
- Mix the bananas, vanilla extract and milk-vinegar mixture with the creamed sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or try the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the middle of each muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Once the muffins are done, allow them to cool on a cooling rack for approximately 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and place them directly on the cooling rack to continue cooling. You may also serve them immediately, but they get better with time.