Peanut butter balls are packed with energy and are the perfect breakfast item for busy families. Mix together a bunch of healthy ingredients like oatmeal and nuts, and you have an easy go to breakfast treat. Get this and a great smoothie recipe in our January 2017 issue. Subscribe today!
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp maple syru
- Combine and stir all of your dry ingredients (oats, pecans, chocolate chips and ground flaxseed) together in a large bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients (peanut butter and maple syrup). Using a wooden spoon, stir until completely mixed.
- This will be a thick mixture. Shape into bite size balls.
- Spread the balls out on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until they are hardened.
- Store them in an airtight container until you are ready to eat them. Enjoy!