This is a delicious dish provided by our resident health expert, Toye Releford-Penny of So7 Health. This creamy and delicious recipe can also be dairy free. If you make this dish, let us know how you liked it. Enjoy!
Note: Feel free to add your favorite poultry with this dish. It’s Super Yummy!
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 16 ounces Brussels Sprouts, halved (or any other glorious green)
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- SAUCE + PASTA
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces, gluten free pasta (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and add Brussels Sprouts to a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and season generously with salt and pepper and toss. Arrange in a single layer and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (for cooking the pasta) and salt generously (1 Tbsp.). Set aside while preparing sauce.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and garlic. Sauteé for 3 minutes or until fragrant and very slightly golden brown.
- Add arrowroot and whisk, then add almond milk and whisk. At this point, it will be very clumpy - this is normal. Transfer to a high-speed blender and add salt + pepper, and vegan Parmesan cheese (optional). Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more Parmesan for cheesiness, or salt and pepper for more overall flavor.
- Transfer sauce back to the skillet and warm over medium-low heat until bubbly while whisking. The sauce should thicken, at which point you can lower the heat to low and simmer until pasta is cooked. Add Brussels Sprouts to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown and tender.
- Around this time, add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain pasta and add directly to the sauce, along with half of the Brussels Sprouts and toss to combine. Season with a bit more Parmesan cheese (optional) for extra flavor. Serve.