Back to school can be a stressful adjustment for everyone. The best way to fight anxiety is to get organized. Here are some tips from our experts to help you and your family get and stay on track this school year – putting your mental health first is key to living a happier, healthier life.
- Try apps like iHomework or MyHomeWork to help your kids organize assignments. Technology offers lots of options for keeping yourself and your kids organized with to-do lists and later reminds you when to do it!
- Create a dedicated space for your kids to store their school supplies and technology. Keeping things tidy for a less stressful living and working environment.
- Make a schedule. Research shows that you accomplish more when you have a routine. Create a weekly schedule and stick to it.
- Create a family calendar that tracks everyone’s activities and commitments. This helps everyone stay on the same page, and when we’re all in sync things run smoother, helping you get through your day a little easier.
- Meal prep. Having something ready to go removes the daily stressor of what’s for dinner.
Prioritize Your Time
- Evaluate what tasks are most important. What needs to get done today, and what would be nice to get done today?
- Time management – Determine how long it takes to complete tasks, both for you and your kids. This helps time things properly to stay on schedule.
- Budget your time – Errands, studying, working out and to do’s around the house. If you do it – put it on the schedule. This keeps you on track when things get hectic. And don’t forget to put your scheduled in your favorite app for daily reminders!
- Don’t over book – be realistic about what you can accomplish. When you budget time correctly, you’re able to accomplish most of the things you have to do in a day, this leaves you feeling satisfied and happier at the end of the day.
- Create an after-school schedule that allows time for snack, relaxation, play and study.
- Establish “Family Time,” whether it’s during dinner or before bed. Connecting with your loved ones helps ease stress and increase connectivity, contributing to overall happiness.
- Schedule time for stress reducing activities. Be proactive to reduce stress. Take time to read or exercise. Do something you enjoy.
- Remove distractions like TVs and video game consoles during down time, as well as during your kids homework times. This makes tasks more effective.
About Victoria Zambito
As a member of the Vector Solutions executive team, Victoria Zambito is responsible for, and has been successful in, growing the highly profitable online education business since she joined the company 17 years ago. As Senior Vice President of Content and Communication, she is responsible for aligning and rationalizing Vector’s extensive library of over 5,000 courses across its multiple brands, enhancing, standardizing and modernizing content, and driving creative, agile solutions to deliver products. She also focuses on centralizing strategic communications and public relations as the company seeks to develop its brand globally.