Winter is upon us, which means colder temperatures, chilly mornings and snow-filled evenings. Families everywhere are enjoying indoor activities to stay warm. What better way to enjoy an evening in than family movie night. It’s a great time to snuggle up with your loved ones and enjoy a treat from the Box. Here are some ideas from Redbox for movie-watching snacks that help celebrate the winter season.
1. Pour some popcorn into clear plastic cups.
2. Mix in marshmallows, coconut flakes, vanilla chips or anything else you’d like (but the effect is best when the overall mix remains light-colored).
3. Then take a black marker and draw a snowman’s face and buttons on the cup.
4. If you can find thin strawberry rope, wrap a piece around each cup for a scarf. Otherwise you could always draw on a scarf or use a ribbon or yarn.
5. Enjoy the most classic movie snack with a new twist!
1. Put three full-sized marshmallows on a skewer. Greasing the skewer beforehand might help the marshmallows slide on easier, but it isn’t a must.
2. You could also use a peppermint stick as a skewer!
3. Use brown tube frosting in a piping bag to draw on eyes, a mouth, buttons and stick arms. Use orange frosting to draw on a carrot nose.
4. Or you could use white frosting as “glue” to stick on chocolate chip or candies for the face and body instead of colored frosting.
5. That’s it! It’s a fast and easy sweet treat.
Polar Bear Paw or North Pole Cupcakes
1. If you have a little more time to prepare your movie-night munchies, consider baking cupcakes and then slathering them with white frosting.
2. Add coconut shavings to make the cupcakes look furry.
3. Place a circular chocolate cookie in the middle of the frosting for the paw pad, and then use raisins, chocolate-covered raisins, or any other small dark treat for the claws. Enjoy!
Now get cozy and settle in for a fun and warm night!