What’s the holiday season or winter without the sweet smell and taste of muffins? There’s something comforting about a hot muffin right out of the oven. This holiday season, we are sharing one of our favorite recipes, (and they’re dairy free) chocolate chip muffins. Can you just hear the patter of little feet running through the house to devour these treats? These are perfect for a holiday brunch or a snack to accompany hot chocolate.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe? Share it with us in the comment section.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (any non-dairy milk will work)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup of non dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed to 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Sift together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix all of these ingredients together and then add the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix your milk, vanilla, flax egg and peanut butter.
- Gradually add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Lightly grease a 6 tin muffin pan. (We used vegan butter.)
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. You can also do the toothpick test.
- Once done, let cool and enjoy.
- Note: You may add an additional tablespoon of sugar for a sweeter taste and/or more peanut butter for a nuttier taste.