From salad dressings and sauces to cheese to our favorite desserts, sugar is in everything. Sugar is quickly becoming one of America’s greatest addictions, making the need for healthy recipes that reduce or eliminate it vital to maintaining optimal health.
This healthy, grain-free granola is great for your gut, and offers endless possibilities for your favorite breakfast treats. Use this granola as a topping for yogurt, by itself or with a bowl of fruit. Feel free to use whichever nuts and seeds you have on hand. Enjoy! Get Low Sugar, So Simple by Elviira Krebber for more healthy recipes.
- 1/2 cup (20 g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (45 g) almond flakes
- 1/2 cup (65 g) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (75 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (25 g) erythritol crystals
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) melted extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well to ensure everything is well mixed and the nuts, seeds, and coconut are covered with oil and seasonings. Transfer the mixture to the lined baking sheet, and spread it out evenly with a spoon into as thin a layer as possible.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the mixture turns golden-brown. (Be careful, though, as the nuts can quickly become too dark and burn.) Remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely. The granola is soft and chewy while hot, but becomes crunchy when it has cooled down.
- Break the cool granola into small pieces, and store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool, dry place.